Monday, 14 October 2013

Taiwan Update



Today is our last day in Taiwan. The last week has been absolutely brutal on the legs...  In particular the last two days. 170km and 195km, each day with 2500-3500m of climbing. To be honest I haven't had a lot of time to sit down and reflect (write/blog) about the tour, as each day has pretty much been 6 hours riding, dinner, sleep with little or no in between time. Adding to the time constraints, it has been a wee bit difficult to put up a decent post given that I only have my iOS devices, and so any proper run down will need to wait until I get back home to New Zealand. So where too next... I'll spend the next two days resting up in Hong Kong with some friends, and then back on the bike for some more riding & sight seeing around Hong Kong. 


P.s I did manage to get a quilt completed on the flight to Hong Kong last week. Here is a brief look at how this quilt turned out (the quilt is a little creased... I finished the binding on the flight and took photos in Alishan, Taiwan). 





6 comments:

  1. What a great adventure and a wonderful physical accomplishment! AND quilt progress, too....Wow! Can't wait to read the "recap."

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't realise you were already doing mad cycling things in foreign countries. Crazy I say! Glad to see you didn't pass up the opportunity to do a photo shoot with one of your quilts in Taiwan though. And I LOVE the colours of it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an adventure. And I'm sure we'll see lots of amazing pictures when you return! Have a safe trip!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful quilt, beautiful scenery. Looks like a trip of a lifetime. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So, um, did you make it back in one piece? Been waiting for the pictures...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice quilt! That photo from the mountains looking down on the clouds is amazing. The sunset or sunrise must have been absolutely spectacular - I can never get my camera to see the full effect, so I'm assuming there was a broader display for you there in person!

    ReplyDelete