This is a fun way in which bloggers recognize other bloggers for the things they do.
As per Kevin's blog, to qualify, the blog must have less than 200 followers or must be less than six months old (looks like I qualify for both). Should the recipient accept the award, they must then write a post and:
1. List 11 random things about yourself.
2. Answer 11 questions posed by the nominator
3. Choose 11 blogs to pass the award on to and link them to your post
4. Create 11 questions for those 11 people to answer
Ok...I found it quite difficult to come up with 11 random facts about myself but here we go...
1. I hate coffee, but I'm heavily addicted to V (energy drink)
2. I have trekked in the Himalaya's and seen Mt Everest
3. I can play the saxophone and guitar
4. I used to own 2 terrapins... one got so large that it ate the other one (head/tail/legs)
5. I can be a crazy cyclist & have been hit off my bike by cars on three occasions
Which reminds me of the documentary... Line of Sight... see the trailer below
6. I really, really, REALLY want to swim with a great white shark
7. I wake up most nights in some sort of hypnogogic state (similar to sleep walking)
8. I have represented Singapore in cricket (under 15s)
9. I have a fear of flying and will sweat profusely
10. I'm allergic to penicillin
11. When I was younger I wanted to grow up and have 10 children
11 questions posed by Kevin
1. Who is the person most responsible for introducing you to quilting?
My ex girlfriend. To her surprise, I asked if she would show me how to make a quilt (back at the start of 2012), and she kindly agreed. I'm not sure if she was expecting me to carry on with it, but I did. She is an amazing quilter.
2. What is the first quilting project you ever made, and how old were you when you made it?
My first quilt was completed almost a year ago (so I was 27 at that stage), and it was this Blue and White Quilt. I took a pattern out of a book for which I don't remember the name of, and used a range of dark blue Japanese fabrics - navy blue is my favourite colour.
3. Who is your most favorite quilt designer?
Bruce Seeds - he has some magical kaleidoscope designs like this one below 'Reef' - check out his other quilts
4. How many quilting projects have you made to date?
13 fully completed. I have a further 10 works in progress.
5. What is your most favorite breed of dog?
Oh that is too easy... so I have taken the liberty to name my top three: 1) Border Collie (this is what breed Heidi is); 2) Welsh Springer Spaniel; and 3) Bernese Mountain Dog.
6. What color is the shell on the eggs you eat?
7. What is the longest flight you have ever been on, and where were you going?
I'm not one hundred percent sure, however it would either be Singapore-Frankfurt or Auckland-San Fransisco. However the longest journey, including stop overs (of no longer than 2 hrs) was Madrid-Frankfurt-Beijing-Auckland-Wellington. I honestly can not remember sleeping during this journey - surelyI must of. I do remember falling to sleep the afternoon I got back into wellington and sleeping 16 hours straight. No sleep walking that night.
8. Which is your most favorite city to visit?
There are a couple. But equal favorites would have to be Tokyo and San Fransisco. Tokyo is a magical place. My parents lived there for a couple of years and I have spent several months there. My best memories of Japan include... roller-blading around Yoyogi Park (I used to Rollerblade everywhere in Tokyo), Shabu Shabu in Ginza, stealing one of the traffic warden's wands (well watching my cousin do this), Tsukiji (pronounces 'ski-gee') Fish Market, oh there are loads more.
9. Where is the best Quilt Shop you have ever been to, and what is it’s name?
I have only been to the quilt shops around Wellington (maybe 6 that I have visited) and out of those, I would have to say that Piece by Piece in Karori has the best fabrics and range.
10. Do you have a large or small family?
Small family - 4 including me.
11. Have you ever gone fishing? If so, what is the biggest fish you have ever caught?
Several times, but I never managed to catch anything 'worthy of rememberance' (10 points if you can guess what film this quote comes from lol). We almost caught a Kingfish, in fact it took the lure but then spat it out - that would have been a big bif fish and it was an amazing sight to see them go after the lure. Otherwise my best catch would have to be a size able Tarakihi off of Makara Coast (it was some time ago so I wouldn't know the weight). Some weird and unusual catches include Sting Rays, Blind Eels (eww, horrible and slimy), Octopus.
11 blogs that I have nominated to receive the award (no particular order either)
Razzle Dazzle Quilter
All the good ones are taken
Hitch and Thread
Quilting Journey - Himmelgarten Quilts
Monkey Business and Quilts
SoozieSuzy Sews & Gardens & Cooks
Daisy and Jack
11 questions for those nominated should they choose to accept this award
1. Favourite song of all time? oh and if possible, post a YouTube link of it
2. And...favourite film of all time?
3. Which actor/actress do you least like and why? there's a debate in my household between Tom Cruise and Ben Afleck
4. Are you a cat person or dog person... or both? and why?
5. Your number #1 vice?
6. The hardest decision you've ever had to make?
7. The craziest thing you've ever done?
8. What quality do you value most in other people?
9. What is your greatest quilting achievement to date?
10. The best piece of advice you've received?
11. What is the best thing about quilting?
Red Hot Chili Peppers - Hard To Concentrate