2. My latest project (picture above) which I only pieced together last night. I used the left-over Oakshott fabrics from the above Paddington Bear quilt top plus the additional row from this quilt. I had planned to use these leftovers for the backing of this quilt, however I felt it was 'too busy' and will opt for a more neutral backing composition. So what will I do with this you might ask? Why not use it to complete a second Paddington Bear quilt. This is perfect because I can use this quilt as an experimental quilt. I have been contemplating for some time about using a high loft batting (i.e. double up cotton batting with a high loft batting).
3. Baby Quilt for a Boy. So this quilt has not progressed since I last posted about it. The reason for this is that I have decided to re-baste the quilt using a fabric adhesive spray rather than pinning. As recommended to me by Suz, I plan to FMQ either a geometric square pattern, or a meandering square pattern - to be decided :) I want this one finished this weekend!
I mentioned previously that I needed to post about my goals for 2013. I have so many things that I want to achieve but to save me waffling on too much I will share with you just a couple of my goals for this year. My main goal for the year is that I want to complete at least one quilt per month... binding and all - and I hope to this 'link up' will give me some accountability for this goal :) I have so many projects I want to work on - and this goal will see these projects through (and provide a good amount of FMQ practice) as I tend to fall into the trap of thinking the quilt is finished when the quilt top is done.
And the second goal of mine is to complete a 'quilt a quarter' for charity. My stash of scraps is quickly building up, and what better way to get reduce this then by creating scrappy quilts and donating them to a charity. Please let me know of any charities that would benefit from this.
Linking up with Sew Bitter Sweet Designs & Fibre of All Sorts - the badge is now on my sidebar!